WHAT IS CINNAMON LEAF OIL?
Cinnamon leaf oils contain at least 80% phenols—organic aromatic compounds with a variety of antiseptic,
antimicrobial, antioxidant and anesthetic healing properties.
Cinnamon oil is also derived from the plant’s leaves and bark. Cinnamon bark oil is stronger-smelling and more
potent than leaf oil, which is musky in scent and lighter in color. Bark oil is highly refined and quite expensive,
making the leaf oil a more cost-effective and lightweight option.
BENEFITS OF CINNAMON LEAF OIL
This essential oil has been used for centuries by healers, massage therapists, herbalists and alternative medicine
health practitioners. Benefits include:
• Immune-boosting protection against colds and the flu
• Reduces inflammation
• Promotes anti-aging by blocking free radicals
• Kills and repels bacteria, parasites and bugs
• Reduces food cravings. Ground cinnamon spice helps regulate blood sugar
• Eases symptoms of congestion and bronchitis when used in a diffuser
• Relieves muscle aches and spasms when massaged into the skin in combination with a carrier oil or
lotion, or diluted into a warm bath
• Promotes stress-relief and improved brain function
• Improves mood and can help relieve depressive symptoms
• Boosts energy, mental focus and libido
• Improves blood circulation, oxygenation and metabolism
• Alleviates nausea and diarrhea